What is a Business Exit Strategy?
Essentially, this would be your strategic plan to sell your ownership of your company to investors or to another company. An Exit Strategy provides a way for you to reduce or liquidate your stake in your business. With our support, you can plan for your exit strategically, increasing your sale price.
How do we carry out our role?
- Careful preparation of legitimate accounts - A potential buyer will want to see at least two years of clean, reliable financial records. We’ll work with your accountant to prepare all the figures you need, making sure that your bookkeeping processes are all they need to be. We’ll also work with you to legitimately show a true picture of your company’s affairs.
- Make yourself redundant - If your business can’t survive without you, no-one will buy it. We’ll help you to scale back your involvement - to be less available to clients and customers. Can you identify a management team within your organisation or do you want to employ one?
- Improve your processes - We’ll help you to develop efficient processes in your business. Having sound processes in place will give potential buyers comfort that everything works smoothly.
- Create a ‘how-to’ manual - We’ll advise you with the preparation of a manual that’s a step-by-step guide for every aspect of your business processes. A new owner would be able to step in and immediately pick up the reins.
- Generate a guideline business valuation - Although you won’t know the precise value of your business until it’s sold, it’s always useful to have in your mind an approximate selling price. Having this price will also help you decide whether selling is the best step. You might decide to take an alternative option, such as a Members Voluntary Liquidation.